Touch Type Read and Spell
Touch-type, Read and Spell is a computer aided learning course for students with spelling, reading or writing difficulties.
The purpose of the course is to help develop the literacy skills of those who have difficulties with reading, writing or spelling and at the same time increase their level of confidence, self esteem and motivation.
Learning is promoted by:
- A multi-sensory approach-seeing, hearing, speaking, touching.
- A planned programme that is finely graded, structured and computerised.
- Immediate self correction of errors and feedback of results.
- Success from the very first module building greater motivation and self esteem.
- Focus and support for a positive learning experience.
A series of courses, each of 30 modules and based on Alpha to Omega, is clearly presented to the student on the computer screen as words and sentences.
Each course has at least 6 dictation modules based on preceding exercises. These are typed by the student and monitored by the computer. This is supported by the teacher, parent or computer, speaking the words where necessary, as they are displayed on the screen.
Courses are run on Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4.00 to 5.00 pm.